What Did We Learn This Month?
Fitness magazine: March 2011
What’s happening in the March issue of Fitness?
Fitness Cover Model for March:
Model Nicole Boerner of Wilhelmina NY who is wearing an adorable bathing suit from Juicy Couture.
"Fitness Energy Makeover Part 2"
Writer Selene Yeager visits a biofeedback clinic in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania to look into her sleep issues. This is the second part of a series on how women can increase their energy level I their lives. Really important information about sugar levels in our system as well as the role of the cardiovascular system in helping to manage stress.
“Train With the Navy Seals”
Fitness sent reader Wendy Manwarren of San Diego to a Navy Seals training camp on the beach. I am tired just from looking at the pictures! At least she got to hang out with cute, buff guys for an after--am I right ladies?
Jackie Warner Blasts Belly Flat:
Fitness advisory board member Jackie Warner offers her favorite abs moves that don’t require a mat. If you are interested, check out her DVD Personal Training With Jackie: Crunch-Free X-Treme Abs one of my personal faves!
"Bringing Sexy Back"
A full page of super-hot tank tops with groovy-looking backs. (The story gives me the shopping “I Wants.”)
"Top 10 Workout DVDs of the Year"
Fitness asked more than 80 women to try out the latest workout DVDs and offer their best bets. Which ones are your favorites?
Loved this story! Sarah Johnson (featured below) founded YogaG, a non-profit that helps domestic violence victims (both women and children) by bringing in yoga instructors to shelters and helping the abused with “yoga’s healing powers.” Yeah Sarah! (Click on the link above to support her case as well.)
And now the rest of the best of this issue of Fitness:
- "Workout Like a Star" The editors of Fitness found out the best free services by celebrity trainers including free mini-routines online, You Tube clips and iPhone apps by super-famous fitness folks.
- "Essential Oils" Beauty Editor April Franzio finds “the newest formulas heal and hydrate your skin and hair… Personally I am now going to check out the Eucerin Calming Body Wash.
- "Bliss Out" The best at-home beauty treatments to help you get to your inner goddess.
- "I’m Back in the Saddle!" Fitness introduces us to Daniella Cracknell who trained for a 62-mile cycling ride (her first long bike ride in years) after being inspired by a trip to a South African humanitarian trip. (I am a sucker for cycling stories!)
- "Make it Happen!" Do you want to finally perform a head stand in yoga, or learn how to really use your heart rate watch, or do a full on pull-up? If so, Fitness asked the experts. (Psst, Fitness, can you teach me how to perform “the crow” pose in yoga?)
A-! Good stuff and lots of good information. See you in April Fitness!
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: @BrooklynFitChik (note the spelling!)