What Did We Learn This Month?
Health magazine: April 2011
What’s happening in the April issue of Health?
Health Cover Star for April:
The lovely Neve Campbell who looks smashing in a blue Donna Karan dress. Neve is in the upcoming Scream 4 and the 90s TV heartbreaker is now 37 years-old and has come to a place in her life where balance and friendship are most important to her.
In the interview she talks about the less-than-flattering photos of her taken last year on the beach (I e-mailed ABC.com to complain about their sexist comments) and she shrugs it off by saying “I’m in great shape, and I’m strong and I take care of myself.’ Good on you Neve!
Here is a photo of the actress inside:
The former dancer refuses to give in to Hollywood’s ideas of fit and healthy and instead takes care of herself sensibly and puts her time into helping others. Namely an orphanage in South Africa. Can she be more perfect? Moving on…
So what else is inside the April Health?
"Is Doing a ‘Detox’ a Good Idea?”
Health’s examines the pros and cons of taking extra steps to clean your system out. Please read before buying pills or potions!
“Bye-Bye, Belly Bloat!”
I eat fruits and vegetables all day plus I make sure to drink water all day but sometimes I get that uncomfortable bloated feeling that gives me the sluggies. You too? Well, here is the best move for taming your tummy from New York City-based yoga and Pilates instructor Kristin McGee.
“Unsafe at the Salon”
If you want to get completely freaked out during your next visit to the nail spa—just read this. YIKES!
"How Healthy is Your Bedroom?"
Considering the amount of hours I spend in bed every night—I should pay more attention to making it as safe and stress-free as possible. This is giving me the inspiration to do so!
"Let it Rain!"
The title of my favorite Eric Clapton song and a page of super-cute items to make you deal with the gray and rainy days to come, thanks Health! The slicker from L.L. Bean is especially cute.
“Mix & Match Workout”
Fred DeVito & Elisabeth Halfpapp give us these moves based on their latest: Exhale: Core Fusion Boot Camp DVD. You’re welcome!
And now the rest of the best of this issue of Health:
- "4 Steps to a Flawless Face" Easy-to-follow steps to get the natural glow without piling on the products.
- "Love to Eat? No Worries!" So you love to nibble but want to watch your figure—you can indulge in your favorite foods by following the rules of author Michelle May, MD (Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat.)
- "Back Pain? What to Do Now" Health examines the reasons why eight out of ten of us get back pain including your “fancy office chair” and “the wrong shoes.”
- "6 Surprising Superfoods” Black rice, black lentils, blackberries, black beans, black soybeans and black tea. Are you sensing a pattern here?
- “The Best Birth Control for You Now” I don’t need to explain this do I?
- “Walk Off Fat Faster” How to get in shape without killing yourself with marathons and cycling for hours.
B +! Great features and I love the fitness pages. More fashion-y stuff would be nice!
Keep it up and see you in May Health!
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: @BrooklynFitChik (note the spelling!)