“Meet a Blogger/Fit Chick in the City/Jess”
Hey there! Hi there! Ho there!
Today we are meeting another “Fit Chick”—Jess of Fit Chick in the City. Recently we met up at Chelsea Piers (www.chelseapiers.com) to try out some of their new equipment and drool over the outdoor lounge area. (Thanks to the fabulous Erica Schietinger for showing us around. I will have more posts on Chelsea Piers very soon.)
Anyhoo, back to Jess. She is a fun, sassy runner by nature who loves to try out all the new fitness trends and often writes about it on her Blog. Check her out!
Link to Jess’ Blog: http://fitchickinthecity.com/
Twitter Name: @FitChickNYC
And here is a photo of the lovely Jess:
Questions from Brooklyn Fit Chick:
- What is the name of your Blog?
Fit Chick in the City
- How would you describe it to someone who has not read it before?
A motivational space to help fitness minded NYers (and people everywhere!) on track towards meeting their fitness goals. It’s also a space where people can read and submit NYC fitness class reviews.
- How did you get interested in writing?
I’ve wanted to write for forever, but didn’t start until I started this blog in August 2009.
- What is your favorite workout?
Do I really have to play favorites? Okay, okay running and Physique 57.
- Who/whom are your “fitness heroes?”
Great question, but I don’t think I’ve ever had one. Maybe just everyone that gets out there and does their fitness thing day in and day out. It’s not easy for anyone, but it’s inspirational that we’re all in the same boat working hard to feel good.
- Besides your Blog—what are you favorite reads?
Eat, Live, Run; Inc. Magazine; New York Times
- What is the reality show you make sure to never miss?
I randomly watch some reality TV, but don’t consistently watch any shows.
- If you could trade places with a specific person from any time in history (past or present) for one day—who would it be and why?
Another great question! How am I supposed to pick?!
- How do you motivate yourself when your mind & body are saying “Ugh, not today?”
It often means I need a rest day. If I don’t need a rest day, then I bargain or bribe myself to workout.
- Favorite place in the world to chill out.
In the whole entire world??? What if I narrow it down to NYC? =) Central Park Reservoir at sunset.
- Who/what makes you laugh when you need a mood lift?
My 2-1/2 year-old nephew Luke.
Thank you Jess!
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: @BrooklynFitChik (note the spelling!)
“Friend” me on Facebook at “Brooklyn FitChick”