Celebrity Workout Video Playback
Bubba Smith: Bubba Until it Hurts
Recently the world lost the amazing and talented Bubba Smith. He was a football player in the 70s who transferred into the acting world in the 80s and managed to reinvent himself as a gentle giant.
Well Bubba had a hell of a nice bod that he took very good care of and was not too shy to wear a purple unitard with red legwarmers to show it off to its best effect. You think I am kidding? Well check out this gem from 1985.
Bubba Smith’s Bubba Until it Hurts workout video is just an amazing time capsule of the mid-1980s.
First the clip:
You can get your own copy at this amazon.com link.
Questions & Key Learnings:
- I like me a hard workout but if I was hanging outside this class and looked in to see what is going on—I would run! (leotards, legwarmers & a blue shag rug--oh my!)
- Working out until it hurts is really not the best game plan and it looks like sheer misery here.
- If you leave this clip on when the group is moaning and your UPS guy just happens to drop by your front door—he will think something very strange is happening in your home.
- Apparently you can lift nothing but the air in your fists and it will make you beg for mercy!
- The guy in the striped shorts looks very happy to be there...
- Oh shit. How sweet & kind does he appear to be? RIP oh mighty one! You were a unique soul.
Lastly, here is a really fun tribute clip to Bubba I also found on You Tube. Enjoy!
Did you own any cheesy celebrity workout videos in the 80s & 90s? Tell me all about it. Confession is good for the soul! ;)
Until next time…
(Brooklyn Fit Chick)
Follow me on Twitter: BrooklynFitChik (note spelling)
Friend me on Facebook: Brooklyn FitChick