What Did We Learn This Month?
Recaps of Bicycling, Muscle & Fitness Hers and O
Hello everybody and Happy (almost) New Year!
Today I have plenty of magazine fodder for those of you looking for a little inspiration to get the New Year off to a healthy start.
Let’s get to it!
Bicycling: January/February 2012
- “Stay Lean and Fast” Like many cyclists, I worry about gaining weight in the winter months when I can’t get in the miles on the road. Here Bicycling offers a plan to keep the extra pounds at bay and keep your body ready for spring. (It will be here soon, right?)
- “Cool Stuff to Keep You Warm” Bicycling culled all if the outdoor gear you will need to ride outside. So no excuses!
- “Roll Out the Kinks” I am convinced most of us need to foam roll our lower bodies and here we get the best ways to stretch your hamstrings, glutes and back.
- "Reinvent Yourself" It’s a New Year so why not set new fitness goals while out on the open road? Get better at sprinting, long distance, hills, etc.
- “101 Things We Love About Cycling” Reasons why cycling rules from the staff of Bicycling.
You can check out Bicycling: www.bicycling.com
Muscle & Fitness Hers: January/February 2012
- Jenna Abbou: Muscle & Fitness Hers cover star offer her favorite tips for keeping her fitness schedule on track plus her five favorite “cable moves.”
- “”Tis the Season to be Healthy” You don’t have to get sick this winter. Really! Get the January/February issue for their advice for keeping sniffle-free.
- “New Year’s Resolution Recipes” Healthy options for winter menus that are also very tasty.
- “Four Weeks to Fit (Again!)” Muscle & Fitness Hers created a workout and diet regime to get you back on track in January after December indulgences.
- “Supplement Time” This article discusses all of the types of supplements one can take for a variety of reasons. I am personally not a huge fan of supplements but the piece is written by a doctor (Jim Stopanni, Ph. D) so I checked it out with interest.
- “Build Your Own Legs” A very serious plan to get your lower body in fierce shape.
Check out Muscle & Fitness Hers online: www.muscleandfitnesshers.com
O: January 2012
- Dr. Oz: Oprah’s favorite doctor talks about why Americans keep gaining weight and how we can reverse the trend and get healthier. Includes his 28-day “Fresh Start” program to lead a “longer, fuller life.”
- "The World According to Gayle" King, that is. This month she shows us what “she is crazy about this month.” Okayyyyy.
- “The O List” Several pages of drool-worthy items that will keep you healthy in the New Year.
- “Give it Up!” Instead of adding a bunch of items for you New Year’s resolutions list and instead try quitting something that hurts the enjoyment of your life. Here we find out how.
- “The Raw Deal” A nice examination of the “raw food’ craze.
- “Your Biggest Dressing Dilemmas Solved” O gets advice from their top creative director, Adam Glassman, on how to best dress for your body type.
- “Gym Gear That Flatters” Just like it sounds—workout wear that will make you look fab at the gym.
Check out O online www.Oprah.com.
That's all she wrote for today folks. Be sure to check back for more recaps soon.
Until next time…
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow Me On Twitter: @BrooklynFitChik (note the spelling!)
“Friend” me on Facebook: “Brooklyn FitChick”