What Did We Learn This Month?
Women’s Health: June 2012
Women’s Health Cover Star for June:
New mommy Jillian Michaels! In this interview she doesn’t discuss her babies as it was probably just before she became a mother of two within a few short weeks. Instead we get her fitness secrets on how to get sexy abs with four “amazing sculpting moves’ to get you belly tight as a drum. (I am going to try them out for sure!) Plus she offers tips for “debloating”
Here is a photo of the actress from inside the magazine taken by James White.
So what else is in the June issue of Women’s Health?
“Get a Bikini Body That Rocks”
I simply LOVE these moves from B.J. Gaddour, CEO of StreamFIT.com.
Women’s Health 2012 Beauty Awards
Women’s Health asked beauty experts plus their own readers to find the best beauty products on the market. See if your favorite brand made it!
“Think Inside the Box”
Tasty wines that come in a box and are therefore lighter and more environmentally-friendly? Well cheers to that!
Have you seen that Bosu disk at the gym and are not sure how to use it? Well, try out some of these ideas here from Nick Anthony of Core Performance in Phoenix.
“Roll Your Way to a Fit Body”
I am a BIG believer in the power of the foam roller and was happy to see these exercises developed by Lauren Borden of Mind Body Manhattan of Manhattan Beach California.
And now the rest of the best of this issue of Women’s Health:
- "No More SPF Excuses!" Summer is here and increased exposure to the sun can increase your chances of skin cancer. Where some sunscreen dammit!
- "Suit Yourself" The perfect suit for your body type that is actually cute and wearable.
- "The Hunger Paradox” To lose weight you must burn calories but burning calories will make you hungry—how to fight that cycle and get your weight loss under control.
- "Docs Behaving Badly" Women’s Health looks into the “sketchy” behaviors of some physicians which can put your health at risk.
- “Peace out, PMS!” “Natural cures” for the most common PMS symptoms.
- “Bring the Burger Queen” Lots of nom-nom worthy ideas to put on your burger. Yum!
- “5 Juicy Questions for Chris Evans” he thinks women who floss are sexy. For reals!
A! Take this one to the beach and enjoy.
You can check out Women’s Health online as well: www.WomensHealthMag.com
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: @BrooklynFitChik (note the spelling!)
Friend me on Facebook: “Brooklyn FitChick”