What Did We Learn This Month?
Recaps of Bicycling, Oxygen and Prevention
Hey there! Hi there! Ho there!
I know I complain about this quite a bit but I cannot take this heat much longer! Days after day of 85 degrees and over with the kind of humidity that makes the air feel like soup makes me beyond grumpy. Please tell me there will be relief soon?
Anyhoo, here are my latest magazine recaps. Enjoy!
Bicycling: August 2012
- “Sore No More” Bicycle gives us four stretches to help “ease your achy muscles.”
- “Under the Radar” Love this! Bicycle lists some of the best unofficial races including the “Stupor Bowl” set to take place in Minnesota next year during the Super Bowl next February.
- “London Calling” The Olympics are coming and this year they take place in London. Bicycle shows the route the cyclists will take July 28th & 29th.
- “Life’s Rich Pageant” Right now the Tour de France is taking place and it makes me dream about all things French and with bicycles. Here, writer Hampton Sides talks about taking in the experience in person. (Some of the human tunnels for the cyclists are only a few feet wide with the crowds being so big.)
- “Tour de France: Ultimate Fan’s Guide” What can I say? This is THE guide if you are looking to get your Tour de France on.
Check out Bicycling online here: www.bicycling.com
Oxygen: August 2012
- Lolo Jones: This woman is my new obsession—truly! I am so invested in Lolo’s success at the upcoming Olympics and am sending her my best thoughts in the meantime. This issue includes Lolo’s “training blueprint” to get your workout a major update.
- “Step Up Your Walk!” I am lucky enough to live near Prospect Park so yesterday I took advantage of one of the best places to go for an active hike and I used the tips written in this issue.
- “How I Began the Healing Process” Tosca Reno (one of my heroes!) talks about moving on after the death of her husband (Oxygen magazine founder Robert Kennedy.) Keep strong Tosca!
- “Salad Dressing Makeover” I really loved these ideas for healthy options for my salad and are much more fun than my usual olive oil & lemon juice combo.
- “Your Six-Pack Moves” You can still rock your flat abs this summer. (Because it will never end!)
- “Lean Out Your Body Half” If your lower half is your “tough to train” zone—these circuit training exercises will help you get leaner and more powerful.
- “Super Fit, Super Fast!” An entire core workout that includes suspension training and dumbbells to make your lean and mean.
- “Guess What…You’re Not Drinking Enough Water” Check out this article to see how much h20 you should be taking in every day. It may just shock you...
Check out Oxygen online: www.oxygenmag.com
Prevention: August 2012
- Dr. Travis Stork (The Doctors) Doctor Adorable is incredibly hot, interesting and married and he gives us nine rules to lasting good health. His wife, Charlotte Brown, MD. Is a pediatrician and insanely pretty by the way.
- “Skin Deep” Sun lovers Trish Behrend and her mother Glenda O’Brien have both dealt with skin cancer and they show us how they are fighting back to lifelong good skin health.
- “Stand Up to Back Pain” Simple steps to fighting off back pain that require no drugs or surgeries.
- “The Not-So-Simple Life of Shrimp” Prevention shows us how to make ecologically friendly choices when it comes to buying shrimp
- “Prevention Celebrate Your Beauty Awards” Get your beautiful face in top shape with these six-winning products.
Check out Prevention online www.prevention.com
That’s all she wrote today folks. Be sure to check back for more recaps soon.
Until next time!
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow Me On Twitter: @BrooklynFitChik (note the spelling!)
“Friend” me on Facebook: “Brooklyn FitChick”