What Did We Learn This Month?
Women’s Health: July/August 2012
Women’s Health Cover Star for July/August:
Kate Beckinsdale is on the cover of the of the July/August issue to promote her film Total Recall and she looks (as always) completely amazing and beautiful. Honestly, beautiful is not a proper word for her. She is other-worldly gorgeous with a kick-ass figure which she gained from a yoga-based routine developed her trainer Mindy Ingber that is illustrated in the magazine for us all to follow. (Now how can I get a face like Kate’s?)
Kate is photographed by James White inside the magazine and wears a fun Gucci top in one of the photos you can see here.
So what else is in the July/August issue of Women’s Health?
Maybe I need help with my focus but as I write this post it is the most brilliant, sunny day outside and I just want to sip drinks on my roof and gab with friends. This story is NOT helping me! (Only kidding and I am thrilled with the fact Women’s Health didn’t include a mention of Skinny Girl drinks. So sick of that brand mentioned everywhere!)
“Yoga for Everyday Athletes”
Women’s Health asked instructor Emilie Smith to offer her favorite yoga moves for all of us common jocks to follow. (Emilie—do you have a class in New York City? Please?)
Love this story! Here we get beauty faves from U.S. Olympic athletes and it is stoking my fever for the Olympics like nothing else in this world.
“Your Gym’s Dirty Little Secrets”
This feature is a must-read before joining any health club. YIKES!
“When Cycling Hurts Your Hoo-Ha”
Are they talking about vaginas? (Though I must say I am glad they did not replace the word with “va-jay-jay”—an expression that sends me into fits of rage.)
Anyhoo, the bike seat will hurt the first couple of spin classes but should go away after that. If not, invest in padded bike shorts and not a padded seat. Those are utter crap. (Women’s Health backs me up on this by the way.)
And now the rest of the best of this issue of Women’s Health:
- "Shop Your Shape in Sandals" Some women are offended by the word “cankles” which is mentioned in this feature but let me tell you something as a person who sold shoes to put herself through college—they exist and can be hidden with the right shoe. So don’t be so damn sensitive!
- "The Breathing Solution" This is a really great article about how to breathe more properly and get all of the beautiful oxygen your body craves every day.
- "6 Pillars of Ultimate Fitness” The photos for this story are incredible and feature Olympic athletes working on their glutes. You will have to buy the magazine to see for yourself!
- "Love Your Bikini Body" Women’s Health gives us tons of beauty tips and hints to help you feel gorgeous on the beach (though you don’t need any work my lovely readers!)
- “How to be a Social Media Climber” If you are looking for a job and think your resume is the only thing prospective employers will ask from you—guess again. Be careful with your Twitter, Facebook and You Tube accounts people!
- “Your Body on the Beach” If you need more reasons to put on sunblock before you head outside—read this story.
- “Fight Off Head Pounders” Anyone else get awful headaches in the summer? Here we get advice on how to head them off before they strike between the eyes.
A! Tons of great stuff in beauty, fashion, fitness and more here. Well done Women’s Health!!
You can check out Women’s Health online as well: www.WomensHealthMag.com
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: @BrooklynFitChik (note the spelling!)
Friend me on Facebook: “Brooklyn FitChick”