What Did We Learn This Month?
Fitness: September 2012
What Do We Learn This Month in Fitness?
Alexandra White (co-owner of Jumping Frog Pilates in Tenafly, NJ) shows us some of her favorite core moves including the “Wiper Plank” which I am going to try out for myself.
"Tricks of the Tread"
Trainer Jay Blahnik is creator of the "Tread & Shred" class at the Equinox Club in Newport Beach, California and gives Fitness his own personal workouts for readers to try out on their own.
Fitness talks to four real-life moms about how they manage to stay healthy and take care of themselves in spite of all of life’s challenges. Nice Fitness!
“Armed and Fabulous”
Are you looking to make your arms look sleeker and more defined—read this article and get motivated to lift some weight!
"What is Your Weight Destiny?"
Writer Stephanie Dolgoff talks about the science behind the “fat” and “skinny” genes and the news is pretty depressing. It turns out some people will always struggle to keep their weight at a manageable level and that diet & exercise alone are not the magic cure-alls.
Not all the news is bad, however, Fitness also features tips from folks who have lost (and kept off) at least 30 pounds.
And now the rest of the best of this issue of Fitness:
• “Big, Fat Lie” Fats do not necessarily make you fat and here we get the four different kinds of fats there are and which are really good for us. Huzzah!
• "Gear Gone Wild” I am soooo ready to change out of my summer workout clothes and try something new—like tights with an animal print!
• "The Deep End" A really sweet essay by Dana White who started take water aerobics classes with her husband which wound up saving their marriage.
• "Should You Swallow?” I am no longer a believer in vitamins myself (I get the nutrients I need every day from good food instead) but if you disagree—this article is for you.
• “More Energy Every Day” I could use more of this!
A- All around a good issue and a fun read to take to the beach.
You can follow Fitness magazine at www.fitnessmagazine.com
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: @BrooklynFitChik (note the spelling!)
Friend me on Facebook: “Brooklyn FitChick”