What Did We Learn This Month?
Health magazine: September 2012
Health Cover Star for September:
Hey all of you Days of Our Lives and The Biggest Loser fans—it’s the amazing Alison Sweeney on the cover! Alison leads us through a “30-Day Body Makeover” featuring some of her favorite health tips and workout moves. We also learn what she always keeps in her gym bag.
So what else is inside the September Health?
"Your Hands: A User’s Manual”
I really appreciate the fact that Health aims to get proper information out there in terms of health & fitness topics and this article is the perfect example of that. All you need to know to keep your nails healthy, tendonitis at bay and prevent carpal tunnel syndrome (I am taking a moment to massage my aching wrists right now.)
“How Fit Are You?”
The three tests you need to take to find out how fit you really are when it comes to cardio, strength and flexibility.
“What Tests You Really Need (and When)”
Once again—really good information being presented to the reader and I think you should get the September issue just for this article.
"Walk, Jog or Run Yourself Slim"
A workout plan created by Jessi Kneeland of Peak Performance of New York City that will help you keep fit whether you are a power walker, slow jogger or a super-fast runner.
And now the rest of the best of this issue of Health:
- “Get Back to Great Skin” I know the older I get—the more obsessed I am with taking care of my skin and this feature talks about some great (and affordable!) products that do just that.
- “Stretch with Style” Comfy jeans, undies and workout wear to look stylish wherever you may sashay.
- "How to Bounce Back Better” An informational guide on how to be more resilient to life’s troubles.
- "Eat Your Way Happy” The “superfoods” that will help improve mood, energy and overall “brainpower.”
- “Your Great Grains Guide” Yummy recipes featuring basmati rice, bulgur, barley and more good-for-you grains.
Follow Heath online at: www.Health.com
A- If you are looking for inspiration this fall—look no farther than Health! (Though I could have used more workouts…)
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: @BrooklynFitChik (note the spelling!)
Friend Me on Facebook: “Brooklyn FitChick”
You Tube: “BrooklynFitChick1”