What Did We Learn This Month?
Recaps of Fitness RX for Women, Muscle & Fitness Hers, and Oxygen
Hey there! Hi there! Ho there!
I am back from vacation and am so happy I had the time to rest and get back into my groove thing. How was your summer? Did you have fun? Take any great trips? Let me know!
In the meantime, I have a few new fitness magazines to recap so let’s get to it!
Fitness RX for Women: October 2012
- “The Belly Fat Cure” The science behind this “mini-fast and fat-burning workout” is based on a 12-week plan where a group of obese individuals lost weight and fat mass. Please consult your doctor before trying a plan this intense!
- “Look Great in Your Favorite Jeans” Cover model (and IFBB Bikini Pro) Dianna Dahlgren shows off her favorite “tight butt and leg-toning” workout.
- “Sexy Shoulders” This routine was created by Jaime Baird and will work each deltoid muscle.
- “My Top 10 Tips for Flat, Sexy Abs” IFBB Bikini Pro Juliana Daniel offers her personal tips for flat abs. (And she should know!)
- “Your Best Body in Just 30 Days” A pullout routine created by figure champions Nicole Wilkins and Jaime Baird.
Check out Fitness RX for Women online here: www.fitnessrxmag.com
Muscle & Fitness Hers: September/October 2012
- “How I Train My…Chest” IFBB Bikini Pro Tabitha Klausen-Leandri, IFBB Fitness Pro Bethany Cisternino and IFBB Figure Pro Angelica Nebbia offer their favorite pecs routines.
- “Five Questions for Ana Ivanovic” Muscle & Fitness Hers interviewed the tennis pro on how she keeps in shape for the Olympics and Wimbledon and her favorite foods to keep her energy up.
- Erin Stern: Muscle & Fitness Hers asked the IFBB pro to talk about a day in her workout life which includes tons of renovating her new “fixer-upper” home
- “Phone-In Fitness” The best new apps on the market to help you reach your fitness goals.
- “Nicole Wilkins’ Calorie-Blasting Boxing Workout” I am terrified to try this but think I should right away. (Never been great at boxing moves.)
- “Our 25 Favorite Sports Bras” I am sort of an aficionado with workout bras but there were some good options mentioned here I have not seen before.
- “5 Moves for Strong, Sexy Shoulders” Really excellent moves demonstrated by Figure pro Teresa Anthony.
Check out Muscle & Fitness Hers online: www.muscleandfitnesshers.com
Oxygen: September 2012
- “Your Super Grain” It’s called amaranth and I need to try it right away…
- “Don’t Believe the Buzz!” So-called “diet foods” can actually make you gain weight in the long run so be careful of certain buzz marketing words when grocery shopping.
- “Nothing Can Stop Me Now!” Cover star Lindsay Messina is getting serious about competing again in the IFBB (this time in the bikini category) as well her NY Divas competitive physique team.
- “Fab Abs in a Flash!” Here we get a demonstration of the saw plank and I can’t wait to try it out.
- “Lose That Last 5 Pounds!” A CrossFit routine that will torch calories.
- “Crank Up Your Power!” Your thyroid is tiny but controls so much of what happens to your body over time. Oxygen offers advice on how to keep yours in top shape.
- “100 Ways to a Better Body Today” How using high reps with “wimpy” weights will give you a long, lean look. 100 reps are what they recommend to do altogether.
- "Pump Up Your Pipes" Irene Lewis-McCormick, MS, offers advice to get strong, sexy arms from her newest book A Woman's Guide to Muscle and Strength. (Human Kinetics, 2012)
Check out Oxygen online: www.oxygenmag.com
That’s all she wrote today folks. Be sure to check back for more recaps soon. Let me know what magazines you love and which ones I should check out soon.
Until next time!
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: @BrooklynFitChik (note the spelling!)
Friend Me on Facebook: “Brooklyn FitChick”
You Tube: “BrooklynFitChick1”