What Did We Learn This Month?
Fitness: November/December 2012
What Do We Learn This Month in Fitness?
"Burn More in Less Time"
This time of year we all start to get super-crunched for time and the planned hour workouts can get thrown aside for a quick 15-minutes of anything. Here we get Tabata-inspired ideas from Jessica Smith author of The Thin in 10 Weight-Loss Plan.
2012 Holiday Gift Guide:
If you are looking for healthy-minded ideas for holiday gifts this year—check out Fitness’ guide which has several pages of cool gear that give me the “I wants.” (Specifically the Lululemon puffy jacket you can see below!)
“Fierce and Fab in 14 Days”
Fitness asked master trainer Tony Horton (of P90x fame) to give us a 24-minute routine you can knock out 3-4 times per week to take on extra holiday stress calories.
“Danger in the Air”
Not to scare the living crap out of you but lung cancer can strike those who have never even touched a cigarette in their lives. Here we find out the latest research on just why these cases happen and how you can protect yourself from the disease.
"Six Fat-Fighting Foods”
Author Jonny Bowden (The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth) identifies the foods that will rev up your metabolism. (Sadly, red wine is not one of them…)
"Pumped Up Poses”
Want to take yoga up a notch energy-wise? Well then try this workout that utilizes hand weights and created by Erin Jacques who cofounded SLT Yoga (http://sltnyc.com/) in New York City. I tried this out and you will get a good sweat going!
I have been grain, dairy and sugar-free for a month now so pictures like this (below) are making me crazy! Fitness offers ideas to make those sweet, gooey treats you love to bake while taking off some of the calories. (Win/win people!)
And now the rest of this issue of Fitness:
- “Take it to Go” Tips for staying your natural gorgeous selves while travelling on the road. (What to pack and what to avoid schlepping, etc.)
- "One-Dish Wonder” This kale and butternut squash sauté fit my new Paleo regime and I plan to make this dish very soon
- "Feeling the Burn" For some reason this story about a woman who felt left out in her spin class by mean girls failed to move me. I was a new kid every 3-4 years of my life growing up. Sometimes you just aren’t in the “in crowd.” Know what I mean? Go to class for YOU.
- "Activate Your Motivation” Whether you need to change your diet or you want to good look for that bikini-weather vacation you will take a few months from now—advice for getting a pan of action you can stick with.
- “15-Minute Meals” Fitness offers healthy & tasty recipes you can whip together in no time fast.
A- A great magazine to get you motivated during the holidays. Good work Fitness!
Have you read the November/December issue of Fitness yet? If so, what were your favorite articles? Agree or disagree with me on the "spin class" feature? Let me know!
You can follow Fitness magazine at www.fitnessmagazine.com
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: @BrooklynFitChik (note the spelling!)
Friend me on Facebook: “Brooklyn FitChick”
Instagram: “margodono”You Tube: BrooklynFitChick1