What Did We Learn This Month?
Recaps of Muscle & Fitness Hers, Oxygen and Prevention
Hey there! Hi there! Ho there!
I have a stack of November issues to get through today so let’s just get into it and start with the recaps. Whoo hoo!
Muscle & Fitness Hers: November/December 2012
- Véronique Morin: The famous red-headed IFBB Bikini Pro is on the cover of two of our magazines being featured today—quite an accomplishment! Véronique shows off some pretty killer upper body moves inside this issue.
- “Fit & Pretty Gifts” Ooh—the first holiday gift guide of the season and it if filled with items that give me the ‘I wants!”
- “Slow Cook Yourself Slim” Is there anything better than crockpot season? I say no—here is a photo of mine. It is a “vintage” model I picked up at a stoop sale. (Yummy recipes are featured in the magazine.)
- Gennifer Strobo: A look at 24 hours in the life of the coach of “Team Bombshell’ which includes two workouts per day!
- “Say Bye-Bye to Seasonal Stress” The holidays do not have to turn into a junk food and stressed out free-for-all. (Right?)
- “Crush Ab Flab” tips from badass IFBB Bikini Pro Kelsie Burgin using a stability ball and a medicine ball.
- “Teach Your Treadmill Fat-Burning Tricks” There are a few unusual moves here from the folks at Muscle & Fitness Hers—be careful if you try them for yourself.
Check out Muscle & Fitness Hers online: www.muscleandfitnesshers.com
Oxygen: November 2012
- “Impress Your Guests” Oxygen shows us how to make Turkey Bacon Bison Balls and I may never be the same. (Mmmmm—bacon…)
- “Show Your Roots” Now that I am back for more slow-cooking—it’s time to feature more root veggies into my diet. Here we have beets and parsnips.
- Véronique Morin: Here she is—on another cover! The gorgeous cover star talks about clean-eating, being a good example for her kids and how she trains for the pros.
- “What is Sandbag Training” I read about this in SELF last month and now I must try it for myself! Have you done sandbag training? Is it fun?
- “A Fit Gal’s Comfort Food” I just got hooked on Paleo pancakes so these protein-heavy options for Sunday morning feats were right up my alley.
- “Loosen Up” Oxygen magazine is shows us why stretching will make us stronger and more fit.
- “We Really Can Do Anything” Tosca Reno visits with Guru Tony Robbins and goes fire-walking.
- “Strong Core Strong You” Oxygen has a “more core” workout that looks pretty challenging—I will have to try it!
Check out Oxygen online: www.oxygenmag.com
Prevention: November 2012
- Valerie Bertinelli: When I was a kid I LOVED watching One Day at a Time reruns so Valerie is always A-OK in my book. She has a new cookbook out (One Dish at a Time) and I wish her PR person would get in touch with me so I can promote it (hint, hint.)
- “Eat Your Way to Better Skin” Five foods you should try today to help with your skin woes (should you have any.)
- “We Beat Diabetes with Food” November is National Diabetes Awareness Month so many magazines will feature articles about the disease. As a person with family & friends affected by diabetes I encourage you to read as many as you can.
- “The Cancer Prevention Diet” Prevention asked author Margaret I. Cuomo (A World Without Cancer) to provide her favorite cancer-fighting tips.
Check out Prevention online www.prevention.com
That’s all I have today folks. Well—there is one more thing I want to share…
The theme to One Day at a Time (So, up on your feet!)
Until next time!
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: @BrooklynFitChik (note the spelling!)
Friend Me on Facebook: “Brooklyn FitChick”
You Tube: “BrooklynFitChick1”