What Did We Learn This Month?
Shape: November 2012
Shape Cover Star for November:
Pink is on the cover and showing off a seriously fit bod (she works out with uber trainer Jeanette Jenkins which makes me incredibly jealous.) The singer & actress sports some cute moves in the Shape interview as she opens up about her over 50-pound weight gain while pregnant with daughter Willow (she ate “a lot of cheesecake” those nine months.)
Pink wasn’t in any rush to lose the weight and instead focused on a healthy plan back to her pre-baby weight and now works out with Jenkins five days per week. (I am now really, really jealous!)
She shares her favorite abs moves inside the magazine and you can get a sneak preview here:
So what else is inside the November Shape?
“Build a Better Workout”
How would you like an exercise routine that you can do in two ten-minute sessions per day and help boost your metabolism? Well LA-based trainer Patrick Murphy did just that with are both cardio & strength based that you can squeeze into your schedule before you leave for work and when you get home that will leave you plenty of time to enjoy the rest of your life. (Win/win people!)
“Shape Your life”
Shape honors the “first ladies of fashion, food, film, fiction and more.” They include:
- Aerin Lauder: Beauty Entrepreneur
- Misty May-Treanor & Kerri Walsh Jennings: Badass Olympians
- Stella McCartney: Eco-Friendly Fashionista
- Kathryn Bigelow: Film Director
- Kathleen Sebelius: Wellness Warrior
- EL James: Libido Lifter (Fifty Shades of Grey)
- Lorena Garcia: Culinary Crusader
“Kick Butts for Good”
This past June marks my tenth year cigarette-free. I want more of you to join me so please read this article if you are still a smoker and want to quit. Pretty please!
The latest in tech gear that will help you achieve better workouts and keep you safer (the Cerevellum Hindsight Rearview Biking Computer sounds amazing to any of you looking to get me a present this holiday season!)
“November Workout of the Month”
I love this!! Let’s say you can’t get to the gym during the holidays and you need to get that workout in. Just try this program (created by excellent trainer Jay Cardiello who is Shape’s fitness editor at large.) No medicine ball on hand to throw around? Just use a pillow and your family angst and you can get your endorphin rush!
And now the rest of the best of this issue of Shape:
- "Turn Back the Clock” Shape’s beauty editors talk about the latest in beauty RX plus natural ways to look younger.
- “Boot Camp” It is BOOT SEASON everyone! Now let’s go shopping!
- “Raise the Barre” I am all set to do my first barre class this weekend (Physique 57—who is with me?) so this page held my interest.
- “Ace Your Race” I am so proud of all of you out there who are running in the marathons this season! Check out Shape for any last-minute tips you may need.
- “No Fowl Play” Advice on how to avoid an epic pig out on Turkey Day. (I usually pig out. I am not judging anyone who does the same!)
Follow Shape magazine online at: www.Shape.com
A Really good information featured here with excellent workouts. My favorite November issue so far!
Have you read the November Shape yet? What was your favorite article? Also, do you like the new Pink song? I can’t say I am a huge fan of it. Oh well…
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: @BrooklynFitChik (note the spelling!)
“Friend” me on Facebook at “Brooklyn FitChick”
You Tube: “BrooklynFitChick1”