What Did We Learn This Month?
Women’s Health: November 2012
Women’s Health Cover Star for November:
The stunning, gorgeous, slender and talented chef Giada DeLaurentis is on the cover and she talks about how on earth she stays so damn tiny while coming up with fabulous recipes all day. (She merely nibbles on her creations versus the “tasting as I go along method” I usually employ in the kitchen, by the way.)
Plus, we get her tips on how to host the perfect dinner party as well as her favorite party recipes including a Gingerbread Cocktail that looks out of this world!
To check out more of Giada in Women’s Health—check out the magazine's link here.
So what else is in the November issue of Women’s Health?
Lately I have been having the travelling jones so this feature jumped right out at me—luggage suggestions for wherever your heart wants to go. (Seriously, how cute is this bag from fleabag.com?)
Do you want a truly “can do this anywhere” workout? Then tear out this page and try out these moves from trainer Amanda Russell.
“Strong Body, Powerful Mind”
The Women’s Health Big Book of Yoga comes with lots of different types of yoga poses including these that will raise your heart rate.
“The Future is Now”
Do you love shopping pages as much as I do? How about when they feature cool fitness things? Yeah—me too. The ones featured here have all some type of a technological breakthrough that makes me all kinds of happy.
“Gobble Without the Wobble”
My skinny jeans start to recede into the back of my closet sometime around the first taste of turkey I get on Thanksgiving. Maybe this year I will follow Women’s Health’s advice and make more healthy choices? (Time will tell on this.)
And now the rest of the best of this issue of Women’s Health:
- “Raise Your Game” Women’s Health asked the top ten women athletic trainers in the country to offer their best advice for torching up your workout sessions. Great stuff here!
- "Your Body on the Flu" You want to know why I get a flu shot every year? Because the flu completely SUCKS.
- "True Blood” Those numbers next to all of those tests on your doctor’s chart actually mean something and you should know exactly how to interpret them.
- "Taking a Bite Out of Crime" Women’s Health talks about food fraud and all the ways we can (potentially) get screwed over at the grocery store. (Like I need another phobia, amIright?)
- “Your Second Brain” Your gut is in reality the “command center” of your body and can determine how healthy or unhealthy you truly are. This article is a MUST READ.
A-! Loved all of the information here—good job Women’s Health!!
You can check out Women’s Health online as well: www.WomensHealthMag.com
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: @BrooklynFitChik (note the spelling!)
Friend me on Facebook: “Brooklyn FitChick”
You Tube: BrooklynFitChick1