What Did We Learn This Month?
Health magazine: November 2012
Health Cover Star for November:
Giuliana Rancic who is a television host and a fashion designer who co-stars in the reality show Giuliana & Bill who found out last year after dealing with multiple fertility treatments that she had breast cancer. After a double mastectomy she is doing well now and is the mother of her new boy Duke (what a cute a name!)
Giuliana answers questions from Health readers about her diagnosis, using a surrogate to conceive her child plus the miscarriages she endured. (It’s not a totally sad interview by the way. She is an upbeat, positive person so don’t be afraid to read about her!)
So what else is inside the November Health?
"Move Over Book Club, Fitness Parties Are Hot”
The next big party trend is taking place at your local fitness club. So get ready to sip on a fun cocktail after your next after hours ride!
“The 100 Best Diet Tricks of All Time”
If you are curious as to whether or not there were at least 100 diet tips to pass along—Health has put them together for you in a pretty little package. (Some are really helpful!)
Loved this! Here we have seven ways on how to find usable information online when it comes to your health.
"The Whole Story About Sugar"
I have been cutting back on my sugar use these last few weeks and can totally feel the difference in my overall health and my energy levels. This was a really interesting article for me to check out because Health covers both the “natural’ sugars plus the newest substitutes on the market.
"Skip Dessert? Not a Chance!”
For the last month I have been avoiding sweets & treats and now I have to see a picture of this Chocolate Pudding Pie? Oh my my….
"8 Under 80 Calories"
Those sweet & spicy
pumpkin seeds (top left corner) are making me CRAZY! (In a good way.)
And now the rest of the best of this issue of Health:
- “Your Top Complexion Complaints—Solved” I love my beauty stories and this one hits my sweet spot.
- “Fear No Flu!” This reminds me I need to get my next flu shot…
- "The Grown-Ups Guide to Birth Control” Wouldn’t it be nice if more politicians realized that they are insulting adult women when they try to minimize the importance of reproductive health?
- "Your Teeth; A User’s Guide” After spending over $5000 in root canal treatments this past year I can tell you personally that you should ALWAYS make sure to take care of your teeth. Really.
- “Let Us Life You Up!” A guide on how to handle the body parts that want to go south for the winter and stay there.
Follow Heath online at: www.Health.com
B A smart magazine and I enjoyed reading the November issue but where are my workout pages?
Have you read the November Health? What did you think of it? What was your favorite article?
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: @BrooklynFitChik (note the spelling!)
Friend Me on Facebook: “Brooklyn FitChick”
You Tube: “BrooklynFitChick1”