Brooklyn Fit Chick Vlog Episode 17
The Latest Brooklyn Fit Chick Vlog featuring a Flip Camera Giveaway, The MILF Diet Book Giveaway Plus, My Struggle to Remain Coherent While Recording on Cold Medicine!
(Also, scroll below the video for my 2012 “Thank Yous”)
You can enter to win this Flip camera but
not the cat—sorry about that!
Happy New Year!!!
As I am setting up this post, it is New Year’s Eve and all I can think about is what happened in my life in 2012 (both good & bad) plus all of the wonderful things I am looking forward to doing, seeing and experiencing in 2013. Before I get to my list of what I am most thankful for this past year—I would like to start with my last Vlog post for 2012 which includes my newest giveaway (a Flip camera!), my current MILF Diet book giveaway plus my upcoming posts planned for the week.
My cats do not make an appearance this time but I am bit loopy on cold medicine so that is always fun to check out!
Got that? Okay here are the details of the Flip camera giveaway. All you need to do is post below and let me know what you would film for your Vlog posts and I will pick one winner at my discretion next Monday, January 7th at Noon eastern time. The contest is open to residents of the Continental U.S. plus I am opening it up to the wild and wacky residents of the Great White North!! (Yes, that means YOU too can win my beautiful Canadian readers!)
Those who post to my Twitter feed will get extra consideration @BrooklynFitChik. Also—if you have not signed up for my You Tube channel (BrooklynFitChick1)—you might want to do that as well (hint, hint!)
Finally—I want to leave you today with all of the things I am grateful for from 2012:
- Going “Paleo” and switching to a whole/non-packaged foods. I have a couple of friends who still can’t seem to understand why (even after all of my Blogging about the health benefits I have gained) I went on this supposedly “strict” program but in addition to losing almost 20 unwanted pounds since last December—I now have a new appreciation for food as a fuel source. This is no small thing people! (Yes—even a teacher can learn a new lesson from time to time!) Also, kudos and “merci” to Keri Olkjer at https://fitviews.blogspot.com/ for her extra encouragement and all of the information she offered without a bit of hesitation. Thanks Keri!
- The amazing, wonderful, inspiring and unforgettable Fitbloggin conference in Baltimore this past year. Special thanks to everyone I met there including Roni Noone, Carla Birnberg, Steve Gray, Robby Lamb, Christine Assaf, Toni Church, Emmie Sandford, Jack Sh*t (unfortunately, I do not know his real last name!) Tara Martin, Meegan Dowe, Joise Maurer, Kelly Olexa, Brandi Koskie, Dr. Mary, Sheryl Yvette, Sue O’Lear, Susan Ito, Mark L. from The Biggest Loser and so many more than I can’t name in just one Blog posting. Please check out this link from this past September for all of the information and photos from the 2012 Convention. I bought my tickets for this coming June in Portland and if I can afford it—you will see me there for sure!
- My best friend in the world—Deborah Cota. Deb is a nonstop source of love and support for me and I just wanted to take the time to thank her for all that she does for me. If you want to find about Deb’s awesome books—check out her Blog The Kindred here: https://www.dantechronicles.com/default.html
- My new friend Marrliee Wilson of Halifax, Nova Scotia who after only knowing me a few short weeks spent hours of her time trying to teach me how to record a podcast. (I will make it happen in 2013 Marrilee! Promise!) Thank you for being such a warm and wonderful source of advice and unconditional support. You are a true gem!
- Jenn & Tish of Fit Bottomed Girls for (especially Jenn!) not only offering me the opportunity to be their New York City eyes and ears BUT ALSO for sending me virtual hugs and high fives when I need them. You are both exemplary.
- Finally, I want to take the time to say how grateful I am to each
and every one of you who take the time to read my Blog and watch my Vlog posts
(especially you Missy Barnum, Toni
Church and Jennifer Mitchell of
Bloggers group on Facebook who always give me their time and incredibly
useful feedback. You are the best!) It means the world to me to know that there
are people out there who are joining me on this journey to get healthy and feel
good for the rest of my life. Let's do this together gang!!
Well—that is it for today. Be sure to come back in 2013 for all of the health, fitness, food and pop culture you can handle in one blog. Big hugs and kisses to all of you. (“Mwah!”)
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: “BrooklynFitChik” (note the spelling!)
Friend me on Facebook: “Brooklyn FitChick
You Tube: BrooklynFitChick1