What Did We Learn This Month?
Fitness: February 2013
What Do We Learn This Month in Fitness?
Ooh, I loved these moves that imitate (in my mind anyway) swooshing down the slopes of Chamonix! (A big dream of mine though I admittedly do not know how to ski.) This comes from trainer Stephanie Levinson who created the “Aspen Ascent” class at the Sports Club/LA in New York.
Now I want to hang out in a lodge and sip whiskey, dammit!
“10 Hottest Workout DVDs”
Fitness compiled a list of their favorite workout DVDs and I have to say that now I need to add a bunch to my collection. Here is the list:
1. Denise Austin: Shrink Belly Fat
2. Pure Barre: Pre Barre Mile High 2
3. Ellen Barrett: Live Grace & Gusto
4. Kristin McGee: S3 Strong, Sexy, Svelte
5. Spark People: Total Body Conditioning
6. Amy Bento Ross: Kettlebell Power
7. Jeanette Jenkins: Cardio Kickboxing
8. Dance Off the Inches: Latin Dance Party
9. Amy Dixon: Breathless Body Volume 2: The Edge
10. Jillian Michaels: Body Revolution
“Dressed to Chill”
Tonight in Brooklyn (as I am drunkenly typing this post) it is fah-reezing and I cannot imagine wearing anything but flannel pajamas in the near future. BUT, this page has some super-cute “get warm” items that give me the “I Wants.”
"Reboot Your Running”
Believe it or not, winter is the perfect time to get your running game reworked and sorted out. Follow this plan by Brad Hudson, co-author of Run Faster from the 5K to the Marathon.
"The Eye-Opening Truth About: Protein”
I am a big believer in a high protein food plan (I do NOT call it a diet) but read this feature first before considering making any changes in your own menu.
"Sculpt Sexy Arms”
Brynn Jinnett of the Refine Method studio in New York City developed these moves that will make your arms look even more beautiful than they already are!
And now the rest of this issue of Fitness:
• “Keep on Ticking” Heart disease is responsible for the deaths of 1 in 3 women in the U.S. so please read this article and take better care of your ticker. Please.
• "ReVealeD: Secrets to Perfect Skin” I love me my beauty stories and my skin is a new obsession because I am getting creaky and old. Liked this article very much!
• "In the Bag" If you are in the market for a new gym bag—check out page 61 of this issue.
• "The Perfect Match” Laura Dave writes about discovering her love of Pilates after trying out so many other workouts. Keep at it until you find yours!
A- Loved the workout pages and will bust my Amazon.com budget on workout DVDs now.
Follow me on Twitter: @BrooklynFitChik (note the spelling!)
Friend me on Facebook: “Brooklyn FitChick”
You Tube: BrooklynFitChick1