What Did We Learn This Month?
Oxygen: March 2013
What Do We Learn This Month in Oxygen?
“Girls on Fire”
One of the things I love about this magazine is the women they feature and by that I mean healthy women with real muscles! How refreshing is that, people? On the cover of the March issue we get four “fit cover models” who offer their advice on everything from self-confidence to tips for busting a fitness rut.
Here are the four models and their favorite time to get a good sweat going:
• Midori Rutledge: Morning “It sets me up for the rest of the day.”
• Rachel Davis: “I prefer afternoons but because of work, I’m limited to late evening workouts.”
• Angelike Psoinos Norrie: “Anytime I can fit it in, but when I lift in the afternoons, it makes my mornings super-charged with perfect meal planning and I have tons of energy the rest of the day.’
• Heather Robertson: Early afternoon—“I’m not a morning person. I like to have breakfast, a cup of coffee and go through my e-mails. Then I am good to go.”
“Zap Fat Even Faster”
I really liked this article which describes how to burn calories more efficiently by making simple tweaks to your cardio (running, cycling and skipping rope.)
“Fix Your Tummy Troubles”
According to sports nutritionist and author Nancy Clark, R.D. close to 50% of athletes will experience some kind of stomach issue including bloating, heartburn and cramps. And women have ten times the GI issues that men do (wow!). Here we get advice on how to work with your belly issues (should you have any.)
"Build Your Best Body: Month Three”
Looking for some ideas on how to mix dumbbell work with cardio? Try this section with some pretty awesome exercises that you will do in intervals to get some serious muscle going.
"The Party is Over—Now What?”
My personal hero Tosca Reno talks about how she struggled with “what do I do now?” when her bikini competition (which she won folks!) was over. We have all been there. You aim for something, have a date in mind and then the event just comes and goes. Whether you won or lost—there is still that nagging feeling—what next?
I am a big Tosca fan. Can we get her a book signing in New York, please?
Got some tension in your jaw? Is your neck mothering you? How about your feet? Do they feel okay? Well if your body is showing signs of stress—this page will help you.
And now the rest of this issue of Oxygen:
• “Freeze Your Cravings” How good does mocha banana ice cream sound? Here we get a recipe for this yummy confection.
• "Time Your Meals, Get Results!” Meal plans for every workout scenario from early morning to you night owl gym rats.
• "Amplify Your Arms" Alicia Harris leads us through a super-tough workout for the “tricky triceps.”
• "Simple Sexy Workout” Oxygen’s fitness editor Rachel Crocker created this "killer circuit” based on simple old-school leg exercises that will get your lower body in top shape.
A- Welcome to the Brooklyn Fit Chick monthly review group Oxygen! Now keep up the good work!
You can follow Oxygen magazine at Oxygen magazine link
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: @BrooklynFitChik (note the spelling!)
Friend me on Facebook: “Brooklyn FitChick”
You Tube: BrooklynFitChick1