What Did We Learn This Month?
Shape magazine: July 2011
What’s happening in the July issue of Shape?
Shape Cover Star for July:
Audrina Partridge who was a “former cast member” on MTV’s The Hills and now has a show on VH-1 called Audrina. Audrina is on the cover in Vix Swimwear and is photographed by Don Flood.
She is young, skinny, likes the beach and feels better about herself after “eliminating fried food” from her life. I really have no idea who she is and why she is so famous but that’s true for a lot of people from reality TV so I will cut her some slack.
I will say that in her article she is featured in an abs story that is pretty kick-ass. Her trainer Jarrett DelBene has a routine called “body box” where he mixes boxing with strength-training moves. I am really in love with these abs moves. See for yourself here:
So what else is inside the July Shape?
"Shape Snack Awards"
Shape picked out the best snack for your cravings from salty to sweet and from creamy to crunch. All the winners are:
- Less than 200 calories
- Have 0 grams of trans fat & no more than 3.5 grams of saturated fat
- No more than 400 milligrams of sodium
- No high-fructose corn syrup
“Is Your Pup a Porker?”
I am a total sucker for pictures of cute animals and this doggie is no exception. Aw!
Sprinter Natasha Hastings kicked butt at the 2008 Beijing Olympics and the 25 year-old is on track to compete in the London games in 2012 as well. Here we get her advice on how you can do your own personal best in anything physical.
"I’m Finally Taking Center Stage"
Performer Buyi Zama took a break from her role in the touring group of The Lion King to enjoy her home in South Africa and gained a few more pounds than desired when she headed back to the states for a Las Vegas gig.
But the plucky gal began a healthy eating and workout routine and dropped 55 pounds which out her in Lion King shape once again. Check her out here!
And now the rest of the best of this issue of Shape:
- "A Whole New Way to See the World" Shape scoped out popular vacation destinations and found fun new ways to work out at each one including skiing in Hawaii, golf in Costa Rica and kayaking in New York City.
- "Summer Bummers" With temperatures climbing you can find your body aching in different ways (anyone else get “heat headaches” besides me?) Here we get tips to heal from those pesky ailments quickly.
- Sara Evans: Shape talked to the singer about her healthy lifestyle and how she balances a busy family life with a country music career.
- "Armed & Sexy” Trainer James DeMuzio of The Sporting Club in La Jolla, CA offers his plan to get sexy guns.
- “Be a Yoga Rock Star” Singer Michelle Branch shows of her post-baby bod with yoga moves she incorporated into her life from Yogini Ashley Turner.
Follow Shape magazine online at: Shape magazine link.
B+! Good workout pages and smart advice inside. Keep it up Shape!
Keep it up and see you in August Shape!
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: @BrooklynFitChik (note the spelling!)
“Friend” me on Facebook at “Brooklyn FitChick”